Duos 2P is the perfect balance between weight and comfort. With a weight of only 595 grams, this tent disappears in your bag. When set up it will be your fortress in the outdoors, and with a height of about 125-130 cm and total length of 295 cm you do not have to loose comfort when choosing ultralight equipment.
With up to 14 guyout points, six of which are removable according to weather conditions, this tent will provide reliable protection for your 3-season adventures.
Designed and developed in Norway
• Out of stock? Check availability at one of our retailers.
• This product ships from Italy to Europe, USA and the whole world! Shipping is calculated at checkout.
• 14-days return policy. Read our terms and conditions.
• Any questions? Contact us! We usually answer within 24h.
Peak height: 127-130cm
Outside length: 295cm
Floor width: 115cm
Floor length: 220cm
Vestibule depth: 60-65cm
15x37cm (diameter x length)
Tent w/premounted guylines: 595 g
Stuff sack: 11 g
Extra storm guylines and linelocs: 20 g
DCF 0.67 Camo option adds: 55g
DCF 0.75 Spruce Green option adds: 80g
DCF 0.8 Dark Gray option adds: 89g
• Bonfus Duos 2P is an ultra-light 3 season tent designed for Nordic conditions.
• The design is symmetrical and uses two poles / trekking poles 127-130cm long as support. Using trekking poles will save you the weight of having extra tent poles. Check out our Carbon Fiber UL Tent poles to set up our tents when you are cycling, climbing, kayaking or if you do not use trekking poles.
• The tent protects you from wind and rain thanks to the tent walls that come close to the terrain, reducing cold winds inside the tent.
• Two top vents at the peaks (which can be closed as needed, even from inside the tent) contributes to good ventilation.
• The tent is extremely easy to set up and requires a minimum of 6 stakes (4 corners as well as the two doors).
• For extra wind protection, there are a total of 14 guyout points that you can use (for up to 12 stakes), so that the tent can be securely anchored when needed. All extra guylines can be removed when weather conditions allow, thanks to detachable linelocs. This way you can reduce the weight even more when possible. The tent comes pre-assembled with cords at the 10 main anchoring points.
• Necessary guyline length for the extra mounting points (4 x 1.5m) is included, along with 4 extra line locks. Stakes are not included and must be purchased separately.
• There are two spacious vestibules for cooking and storing your gear.
• The entrance doors are designed without a zipper to reduce weight. Two locking systems at the bottom and center securely close the two overlapping doors, making them weatherproof. See pictures for more info.
• The mesh doors opens with a long curved zipper that gives access to the entire vestibule from inside the tent.
• Mosquito nets are integrated on the inside of the tent and stitched to the tent body to protect you from insects and mosquitoes. Inside the tent there is a mesh storage pocket and two hanging points for drying clothes, hanging headlamps and more.
• All stitches are first sewn and then taped to the outside to increase strength and fully waterproof the seams.
• All mounting points, as well as all areas where the tent material is subject to greater stress, are reinforced with durable laser cut 99g/m2 (2.92oz) Dyneema © Composite Fabric Hybrid.
• An ultra-light stuff sack made in 17 g / m2 (0.51 oz) Dyneema® Composite Fabric is included. It is designed so that you can easily pack your tent even with cold hands or gloves.
• A 30cm long repair tape is included with the tent and can be used for quick but lasting field repairs.
Please read our Materials page for more info.
The following materials are available as used:
Tent body: (0.51, 0.67, 0.75 or 0.8oz depending on choice) Dyneema® Composite Fabric (aka Cuben Fiber). Waterproofness: >15 000 mm H20
Reinforcements: 99 g/m2 (2.92 oz) Dyneema® Composite Fabric Hybrid (aka Cuben Fiber Hybrid)
Floor: 33 g/m2 (1 oz) Dyneema® Composite Fabric (aka Cuben Fiber). Waterproofness: 20 000 mm H20. Note: color is either white or gray based on availability.
Mosquito mesh: 15D, 23 g/m2 (0.67 oz)
Guylines: Strong 2mm UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) core, over-braided with polyester sheath.
The Duos 2P tent is easy to set up. However it is important to get used with the tent and the routines required to set it up optimally before going on a trip.
1.Find a flat tent site, preferably not in areas where water can accumulate if it rains. To reduce condensation, place the tent away from streams, lakes and other water sources.
2.Unpack the tent from the stuff sack and lay it flat on the ground. In case of strong winds, the tent should be plugged in at least two points while still partially in the stuff sack, before unpacking completely.
3.Stake out all four corners without tightening the guylines too much. The tent should be set up symmetrically with right angles between the corners.
4.Take your two poles/ trekking poles and set them at 125-130cm length. Shorter length will make the tent touch the ground. The higher you put the poles, the more ventilation you will have inside. Place the poles outside the mosquito mesh, but inside the ventilation openings and doors. Tighten the cords on the two doors just enough for the poles to stand up, without creating too much tension.
5.Now tighten up the four corners first, and then finish tightening the two doors. Be careful not to over-tighten. The tension should be evenly distributed on the tent and ideally there should be no wrinkles, depending on the terrain in which the tent is set up.
6.Depending on the weather, you can choose to use 4 extra guylines, provided with the tent. This ensures more wind stability.
7.If desired, open or close the ventilation opening at the top of the doors, which can be both reached from the outside or inside of the tent. Remember that it is important to ventilate the tent to reduce condensation, which is both caused by humidity in the air and the ground, moisture emitted by your body and by cooking.
1.Hang the tent to dry after each trip.
2.The tent should be kept in a dry place and not exposed to the sun and UV rays.
3.The tent should be washed with a humid sponge and cold water at regular intervals to remove dirt.
4.Remember that one-sided DCF tape comes with the tent and can easily be used for quick but durable repairs. If possible, clean the fabric before applying the tape (regular alcohol wipes for cleaning are sufficient, if not extremely dirty).
5.Wrinkles and creases can weaken the material properties over time. It is recommended that you lay out the tent into a flat space, and then fold and roll it to a cylinder before packing it in the stuff sack.
6.Always check that the zipper works optimally before each trip. Use zipper lubricant once or twice a year.
€769,00 – €799,00
Need a tent that is ultralight, versatile and can be adapted to most conditions? The Duos is the tent for you.
With the Duos we sought to create one of the lightest weight tents on the market, without compromising comfort and strength.
We achieved this by applying our no-nonsense, minimalist and practical design approach, with the most durable and lightweight fabrics and component that we could find, handbuilt with the experience and craftmanship of our skilled sewers.
All-around, do-it-all tent
Cutting-edge, performance materials
Ultralight without compromise
The Duos is our most versatile tent.
With a weight starting at only 595g and its generous size (peak height of 127cm and tent fly length of 290cm), the Duos is the perfect do-it-all tent.
It is equally at home on good weather treks, as in demanding bad weather situations when you will be glad to be able to sit comfortably and stretch your legs while waiting for the storm to pass!
Built for adventure
The Duos is designed to withstand some serious weather. It has been field tested by us and countless customers on adventures in demanding environments, like high altitude and Arctic landscapes.
It is designed with wind stability in mind, thanks to 14 guy-out points, and with fully taped seams coupled with Dyneema® Composite Fabric for unmatched waterproofing.
Dyneema® Composite Fabrics
Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (also known as DCF or, previously, cuben fiber) is simply the most technologically advanced performance fabric for the outdoor industry available on the market today.
It is a family of high-end fabrics originally developed for the sailing industry. It is made up of crossing super-strong Dyneema® fibers (up to x15 times stronger than steel) laminated between two layers of Mylar. This construction gives DCF many advantages:
– It is extremely waterproof
– It has very high UV and chemical resistance
– The fabric does not stretch when wet
– It does not absorb water
Read more on our materials page.