Update: we are switching the fabric for the side pockets, shoulder straps and hipbelt wings from Robic HDPE to UltraGrid. Pictures coming soon. For more info contact us!
The Framus 48L is the perfect pack for multi-day adventures where long food carries and heavier pack loads require a rigid frame for superior weight transfer.
The Framus is also our most versatile pack. The frame and back foam pad can be removed when needed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack for fast and light trips requiring the lowest possible weight.
The Framus features some of the most technologically advanced waterproof materials to create a pack that is both very lightweight and durable.
“I was really surprised about the comfort of the Framus backpack. Even pushing it way out of its designed carry load, I found it as comfortable as frameless packs with a standard 5kg base weight.” Matthias Ekman after his solo traverse of the Great Himalayan Trail. Read the interview here.
“[…] there is a secret sauce that I can’t quite identify that makes it (the Framus, Ed.) stand out. It was immediately apparent to me the moment I put the pack on loaded up — high-quality construction at a near best-in-class weight with an excellent carry. It’s hard to imagine anyone being disappointed in this pack.” Scott Nechemias. Read the review here.
Available in Ultra 200X, Dyneema Composite Fabrics, Xpac.
• Out of stock? Check availability at one of our retailers.
• This product ships from Italy to Europe, USA and the whole world! Shipping is calculated at checkout.
• 14-days return policy. Read our terms and conditions.
• Any questions? Contact us! We usually answer within 24h (often faster).
48 liters (40L internal volume, 8L external pockets)
Unrolled height: 81cm
Average circumference: 90cm
Ultra 200 Black or White – 720g | 25.4oz
Removing the foam pad saves* (Medium / Large): 35/40g | 1.2oz/1.4oz
Removing the aluminium stays saves (Medium/Large): 110/120g | 3.9oz.
Suggested carry load:
• up to 18kg | 40lb
• Functional load lifters
• Two contoured aluminium stays. Designed with a special curvature to form a 2-3 cm (about 1″) gap with your back for improved ventilation. Can be adapted to the form of your back and shoulders.
• Optional (included) removable 9mm EVA-foam padding can be added to the internal back panel sleeve for comfort. If the pack is stuffed properly, the foam pad is not necessarily needed, to keep the weight down.
• Both the aluminium stays and foam padding are placed in an internal openable sleeve on the back panel, and can be removed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack and shed even more weight.
• Additional 9mm lumbar padding for extra comfort.
• Comfortable 11mm (7/16”) thick shoulder straps, padded with EVA-foam and 3D spacer mesh. Selected use of 3D mesh around neck area for added comfort.
• Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D Robic HDPE fabric, for durability and flexibility.
• Reinforced bottom section with Ultra400 fabric.
• Comfortable 38mm (1.5″) wide webbing at the hipbelt.
• V-style webbing straps for carrying extra gear over the roll top closure
• Roll top closure with lateral attachment.
• Ice axe attachment point at the base of the front mesh pocket, plus elastic clip for extra securing.
• Functional 4-point compression cords that fully cover the pack sides from top to bottom, allowing to significantly reduce pack volume when needed and stabilize the load.
• Taped seams (only when choosing Ultra200 and DCF as pack material). Seam tape is applied to increase water resistance and increase seam strenght. A pack liner is suggested to ensure pack content remains dry.
• Optional shoulder pouches and hip belt pockets (not included) can be mounted to the webbing loops of the shoulder straps or hipbelt.
Short size: up to 45cm (18″)
Medium size: up to 50cm (19.5″)
Large size: up to 55cm (21.5″)
User hip girth (updated 07.2022):
Short size: 75cm (29.5”) to 100cm (39”)
Medium and Large size: 84cm (33”) to 110cm (43”)
Please read our Materials page for more info.
The following materials are available as main pack fabric.
• Ultra 200 Black or White (119gsm | 3.5oz/sqy) – Probably the most advanced pack fabric on the market. It features woven 200D UHMWPE fibers. At a slight weight increase compared to DCF2.92, the Ultra 200 fabric has 3x higher tear strength, 3x higher UHMWPE fibers content, 7x the abrasion resistance. The backing of the fabric is a .5mil recycled polyester film, that makes the fabric extremely waterproof. Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D Robic HDPE fabric. Bottom in Ultra 400 Black for added durability.
With the Framus we sought to create a backpack that is lightweight enough for long and fast adventures, and that can provide a greater lever of comfort as compared to traditional frameless packs. We achieved this by applying our no-nonsense, minimalist and practical design approach, with the most durable and lightweight fabrics and component that we could find, handbuilt with the experience and craftmanship of our skilled sewers.
Versatile, framed and frameless modes
Lightweight and durable materials
Ultralight without compromise
The Framus line of backpacks offer enough volume for longer adventures without slowing you down, with a weight starting at only 700g.
Compared to frameless packs, it allows longer food and water carries, with much greater comfort thanks to an anatomically shaped frame.
Built for adventure
The Framus is built for long and tough adventures. With triple stitched sewn-in hipbelt, reinforced seams for shoulder straps, high-density foam and the most advanced fabrics on earth, the Framus is your trusted companion on the highest peaks.
ULTRA™ – The Ultimate Textile
The Challenge ULTRA™ line of fabrics is composed of the highest performing UHMWPE composite fabrics in the world.
In a class of its own, ULTRA™ represents a new paradigm in durability and weight. ULTRA™ weave is constructed with an optimal blend of UHMWPE & high-tenacity polyester. The tight weave is laminated with an eco-friendly adhesive to our revolutionary Challenge RUV™ film. The result is a textile that is incredible strong, lightweight, and waterproof to 20 000mm. ULTRA™ performs in the harshest environments, in both sub-zero and tropical climates.
You may also like…
Sale! €19,00 – €25,00
Sale! €17,00 – €22,00
€209,00 – €265,00