New 2023 model!
With the Solus 1P we introduce one of the most versatile and ultralight tents in the world.
Revolutionary materials and innovative design made it possible to create a tent that weighs less than half a kilo, without sacrificing comfort and reliability for long thru-hikes. The tent follows principles based on minimalism and light weight. All the unnecessary features are taken away to give hikers exactly what they need. Nothing more, nothing less.
BUNDLE DISCOUNT: order this tent together with a backpack, and get 10% off the backpack. Enter TENTPACK10 at checkout!
• Out of stock? Check availability at one of our retailers.
• This product ships from Italy to Europe, USA and the whole world! Shipping is calculated at checkout.
• 14-days return policy. Read our terms and conditions.
• Any questions? Contact us! We usually answer within 24h.
Front peak height: 127-130cm
Rear peak height: 85-90cm
Pitched length: 280cm
Floor width: 75cm
Vestibule depth: 60-65cm
12x32cm (diameter x length)
Tent in DCF 0.67 Camo w/premounted guylines: 475g
Tent in DCF 0.75 Spruce Green w/premounted guylines: 495g
Stuff sack: 12 g
• Bonfus Solus 1p is an ultra-light 3 season tent designed for Nordic conditions thanks to its multiple anchoring points and low-to-the-ground pitch compared to similar Dyneema UL tents on the market.
• The design is inspired by the tried-and-tested pyramid design, known for its wind resistance, and uses two poles / trekking poles as support for increased interior space compared to our Middus range of tents. The rear peak is lower (85-90cm) than the one on the front (127-130cm), to limit surface area to the wind while keeping ample space inside. Check out our Carbon Fiber UL Tent poles to set up our tents when you are cycling, climbing, kayaking or if you do not use trekking poles.
• YKK Aquaguard water-resistant #3 vestibule zipper with tension relief buckles at the bottom.
• Easy to set-up
• For extra wind protection, there are a total of 14 guyout points that you can use , so that the tent can be securely anchored when needed. All extra guylines can be removed when weather conditions allow, thanks to detachable linelocs. This way you can reduce the weight even more when possible. The tent comes pre-assembled with guylines at the 10 main anchoring points.
• Necessary guyline length for the extra mounting points (10m | 33ft) is included, along with 6 extra line locks. Stakes are not included and must be purchased separately.
• The vestibule is spacious for cooking and storing your gear.
• The mesh door opens with a long curved zipper that gives access to the entire width of the vestibule from inside the tent.
• The mosquito net is integrated on the inside of the tent and stitched to the tent body to protect you from insects and mosquitoes. Inside the tent there is a mesh storage pocket and two hanging points for drying clothes, hanging headlamps and more.
• All stitches are first sewn and then taped to the outside to increase strength and fully waterproof the seams.
• All mounting points, as well as all areas where the tent material is subject to greater stress, are reinforced with durable laser cut 99g/m2 (2.92oz) Dyneema © Composite Fabric Hybrid.
• An ultra-light stuff sack made in 1.1oz 20D Silpoly fabric is included. It is designed so that you can easily pack your tent even with cold hands or gloves.
• A 30cm long repair tape is included with the tent and can be used for quick but lasting field repairs.
Please read our Materials page for more info.
The following materials are available as used:
Tent body: (0.51, 0.67, 0.75 or 0.8oz depending on choice) Dyneema® Composite Fabric (aka Cuben Fiber). Waterproofness: >15 000 mm H20
Reinforcements: 99 g/m2 (2.92 oz) Dyneema® Composite Fabric Hybrid
Floor and stuff sack: 1.2oz 20D Silpoly >2000mm
Mosquito mesh: 15D, 23 g/m2 (0.67 oz)
Guylines: Strong 2.5mm UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) core, over-braided with polyester sheath.
The Solus 1P tent is easy to set up. However it is important to get used with the tent and the routines required to set it up optimally before going on a trip.
1.Find a flat tent site, preferably not in areas where water can accumulate if it rains. To reduce condensation, place the tent away from streams, lakes and other water sources.
2.Unpack the tent from the stuff sack and lay it flat on the ground. In case of strong winds, the tent should be plugged in at least two points while still partially in the stuff sack, before unpacking completely.
3.Stake out all four corners without tightening the guylines too much. The tent should be set up symmetrically with right angles between the corners.
4.Take your two poles/ trekking poles and set them at 127-130cm and 87-90cm length. Shorter length will make the tent touch the ground. The higher you put the poles, the more ventilation you will have inside. Place the poles outside the mosquito mesh, but inside the ventilation openings and doors. Tighten the cords on the door and back side just enough for the poles to stand up, without creating too much tension.
5.Now tighten up the four corners first, and then finish tightening the door and back side. Be careful not to over-tighten. The tension should be evenly distributed on the tent and ideally there should be no wrinkles, depending on the terrain in which the tent is set up.
6.Depending on the weather, you can choose to use 4 extra guylines, provided with the tent. This ensures more wind stability.
1.Hang the tent to dry after each trip.
2.The tent should be kept in a dry place and not exposed to the sun and UV rays.
3.The tent should be washed with a humid sponge and cold water at regular intervals to remove dirt.
4.Remember that one-sided DCF tape comes with the tent and can easily be used for quick but durable repairs. If possible, clean the fabric before applying the tape (regular alcohol wipes for cleaning are sufficient, if not extremely dirty).
5.Wrinkles and creases can weaken the material properties over time. It is recommended that you lay out the tent into a flat space, and then fold and roll it to a cylinder before packing it in the stuff sack.
6.Always check that the zipper works optimally before each trip. Use zipper lubricant once or twice a year.
€679,00 – €689,00
Need a solo tent that is ultralight, versatile and can be adapted to most conditions? The Solus is the tent for you.
With the Solus 1p we sought to create one of the lightest weight tents on the market, without compromising comfort and strength.
We achieved this by applying our no-nonsense, minimalist and practical design approach, with the most durable and lightweight fabrics and component that we could find, handbuilt with the experience and craftmanship of our skilled sewers.
All-around, versatile tent
Cutting-edge, performance materials
Built for adventure
The Solus 1p is designed to withstand some serious weather. It has been field tested by us and countless customers on adventures in demanding environments, like high altitude and above the Arctic circle.
It is designed with wind stability in mind, thanks to a total of 14 guyline points, and with fully taped seams coupled with Dyneema® Composite Fabric for unmatched waterproofing.
Dyneema® Composite Fabrics
Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (also known as DCF or, previously, cuben fiber) is simply the most technologically advanced performance fabric for the outdoor industry available on the market today.
It is a family of high-end fabrics originally developed for the sailing industry. It is made up of crossing super-strong Dyneema® fibers (up to x15 times stronger than steel) laminated between two layers of Mylar. This construction gives DCF many advantages:
– It is extremely waterproof
– It has very high UV and chemical resistance
– The fabric does not stretch when wet
– It does not absorb water
Read more on our materials page.